2020 Team Tryout Information
All student-athletes interested in participating in track and field during the 2020 season who are not competing in a winter sport, should currently be attending conditioning with Coach Yates and Coach Cash for Mid-Distance and Coach Fields for sprinting. Although not mandatory, your participation in conditioning indicates your commitment to be your personal best; and to the team. Please contact Coach Fields or Coach Yates if you are not aware of the conditioning schedules.
- When – Tuesday January 21 (Distance and Throws Tryouts)
- Time – 4:15pm – 5:15pm
- Where – Creekside Track
- When – Wednesday January 22 (Sprinters & Throws Tryouts)
- Time – 3:15pm – 4:30pm
- Where – Creekside Track
- Make up & Tryout for Athletes in a current Sports (Basketball, Soccer etc)
- When – Thursday Jan 23rd or Friday Jan. 24th
- Time – 4:15- 5:45
All Student-Athletes will fall into one of these four groups**. If you need help determining what group you are in, please see Coach Fields
- Past Sprinter/Jumper/Vaulter – Sprinters/Jumpers/Vaulters on the team last year, JV and Varsity or sprinted for the striders last year.
- Past Mid-Distance – Mid-distance last year, JV and Varsity or ran Cross Country during the fall semester.
- New to Track and Field – New to track/running. Have no experience with us or was on the team last year and would like to be considered for a different training group – This must have the approval of Coach Fields.
- Throwers– All interested in being a thrower on the team. All throwers will throw both the discus and shot put this year.
**if you are in a winter sport, your presence on Wednesday is necessary to be considered for a spot on the track team. You will be released as soon as possible. We are communicating this need to your winter sport coaches and will work with them on your availability. Please contact Coach Ricky Fields with any questions.
Wednesday Jan 22nd
Group 1 – with Coach Fields & Coach Ways
Group 2 – with Coach Yates and Coach Tampa for a 1600m timed trial.
Group 3 – with Coach Washington or Coach Yates for Group 1 or 2 activity
Group 4 – with Coach Lambros for explosion test, brief technical overview, and shot put for measure
Requirements to Tryout: All athletes must be cleared by Creekside Athletics department which includes having an updated Physical on EL2 form, EL3 Consent form, Pursuing Victory with Honor agreement and insurance information and done via athleticclearance.fhsaahome.org
The team will be selected and the rosters will be posted on Coach Lambros’s door (Portable 25) by Friday morning. (With exceptions of winter sports athletes).