Congratulations to the Creekside Girls Volleyball team on winning back-to-back district titles.
Senior Daniella Young won a prestigious Scholastic National Gold Key for a drawing she submitted to Scholastics Art Awards last December, 2020. After winning a Regional Gold Key, Daniella’s work went on to receive a National Award summer 2021. This is a huge achievement for Daniella as a National Gold Key winner. The CHS Art Department is proud of her success and her achievement!
Members of the Creekside High School Environmental Club recently participated in a local beach clean up project.
Nineteen students from the Engineering Academy volunteered with St. Johns Housing Partnership Saturday, September 25 to build an accessibility ramp at the home of a St. Johns County resident. The project started at 8am and was finished at 2pm. It was the 20th ramp built by the Engineering Academy over the past 11 years. Students used skills learned in their academy such as teamwork and measuring and put into practice their OSHA safety certifications. They also learned how to use power tools such as the circular saw, the reciprocating saw, the rafter square and the pneumatic framing nailer.
You can donate to future ramp build projects through SJHP.org.
- Ella Diab
- Jonathan Sanchez
- Gabriel Smith
- Kalvin Tan
The following students have been named as Commended Students in the 2022 National Merit Scholarship Program. Approximately 34,000 Commended students throughout the nation are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise.
- Kyra Brenneman
- Shaan Chudgar
- Gurleen Dhillon
- Eduard Dodan
- Enrique Gonzalez
- Timothy Mai
- Ethan Muhl
- Christopher Parrett
- Corrigan Rotz
- Aryan Tiwari
Spring of 2021 had students in Creekside’s Academy of Environmental Sciences busy working on the Uniquely Florida StoryMap competition with the organization ESRI, The University of Central Florida and CitizenScience GIS.
Each student group had to choose a topic of interest that was “Uniquely Florida”, provide research, map geographic findings, and present research in the form of a StoryMap using GIS software.
Students in the Academy of Environmental Sciences placed top in the state of Florida for their StoryMap projects using Geographic Information System software from their Academy coursework. Go Knights!
Class of 2022 rising Seniors Jacob Allala and Katie Andersen for Invasion from the South- Brown Anoles: https://arcg.is/1b9qy50
Juniors Emily Revuelta and Christian Yousefzadeh, Awardees for From Ice Age to New Age- Trekking Key Deer: https://arcg.is/1T9Xy40
Class of 2021 Senior Noah Gutterman, Awardee for Retention Pond Pollution: https://arcg.is/1uDuGe0
- Creekside’s NE Florida team, Tiny House Tetris, won Best Overall. This team consisted of Corrigan Rotz, Brandon Ruckh, Erin Phillip, Jonathan Shuster, Lauren Castillo, Kaylin Damon, Jacob Denson, and Tyler Goncalves
- Creekside’s National team, won 3rd place in the manufacturing division. This team consisted of Elyse Soracco, Leighanna Goldman, Nicklas Rice, Johnathan Read, Alyssa Buckingham, Ryan Flack, and David Gonzales.
- Leighanna Goldman won the National Scholarship.
- Elyse Soracco won a scholarship from ACE NE Florida division.
- Grayson Johnson won the ACE of Northeast Florida and Gresham Smith Scholar Scholarship.
- Jonathan Shuster won the ACE of Northeast Florida and DPR Construction Scholar Scholarship.
- Leighanna Goldman also won the ACE Northeast Florida and ABC Florida First Coast Women’s Council Scholar Scholarship.
- Amelie O’Hara won the ACE of Northeast Florida and Stellar Scholar Scholarship.
- Johnathon Read won the ACE of Northeast Florida and Baptist Health Scholar Scholarship.