Comcast Leader and Achievers Scholarship
We are pleased to announce the 2018-2019 Comcast Leaders and Achievers® Scholarship Program. This program, funded through the Comcast Foundation, recognizes high school seniors from Comcast communities for their commitment to community service, academics, and demonstrated leadership. To acknowledge these accomplishments, recipients of the award will receive a one-time grant of $1,000. In 2017, Comcast recognized more than 2,000 high school seniors as Leaders & Achievers including 234 Florida students receiving almost $250,000 in scholarships. Since the inception of the Comcast Leaders and Achievers Program in 2000, more than $28 million in scholarships have been awarded to approximately 27,000 students.
- Full-time high school senior currently enrolled at a high school within a Comcast Community or otherwise approved by Comcast.
- Student grade point average of 2.8 or higher.
- Student demonstrates leadership abilities in school activities or through work experiences.
- Student shows a strong commitment to and involvement in community service.
- Student plans to attend an accredited, nonprofit college, university, or vocational/technical school in the United States.
- Student will need to verify nomination by entering the Comcast School Code (CSC), provided by the principal or guidance counselor.
- Student will need to complete and approve the terms and conditions set forth in the media release included as part of the scholarship acceptance form. If the nominee is not over the age of eighteen, the parent/guardian must complete and approve the terms and conditions set forth in the media release included as part of the scholarship acceptance form.
Only one student from a high school can be nominated to apply for this award. If you would like to be considered please see your Guidance Counselor for an application. Applications will be due back to guidance by November 20, 2018
JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence Scholarship
The JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence scholarship presented by Wells Fargo is officially open. This $2,500 one-time scholarship is given out to four local student-athletes!
To be eligible to receive the JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Maintain a 3.0+ GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) from an accredited high school in Florida’s First Coast area/southern Georgia
- Participate in a varsity/junior varsity sport or its equivalent (dance, gymnastics, taekwondo etc.)
- Participate in extra-curricular activities through church, school and the community
- Exhibit exemplary behavior, thereby being a good role model for peers
- Attach (1) letter of reference from a school official (Principal, Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Athletic Director, Coach, etc.)
- Deadline Nov 13, 2018
Branson Shows Inspired Scholarship
1. Scholarship Amount: $1,000
2. Submissions must be received by November 15th
3. Submissions must be sent to the web form at the above listed site or can be sent via mail.
4. Applicants must be 16-19 years of age
5. The essay topic for our annual scholarship is, “How (*Enter Your Show*) Inspired Me to Realize My Dreams.” Don’t be afraid to be creative or let your personality shine! We want to hear your unique voice! You may include a short personal statement at the end of your essay if preferred, but it is not a requirement. In the event that you have not seen a Branson Show, you may research and use your creativity.
6. Selected finalist will have award paid directly to the institution they are enrolled in.
Due: November 15th annually
Brooks Law Group Scholarship
Due: November 2, 2018
The Ron Brown Scholar Program
The Ron Brown Scholar Program seeks to identify African-American high school seniors who will make significant contributions to society. Applicants must excel academically, exhibit exceptional leadership potential, participate in community service activities and demonstrate financial need. The applicant must be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
November 1st – application will be considered for the Ron Brown Scholar Program AND forwarded to a select and limited number of additional scholarship providers.
January 9th – final postmarked deadline in order to be considered for only the Ron Brown Scholar Program ONLY.
Application available at www.ronbrown.org
Deadline; November 1st annually
Large Monetary Award to a Senior in High School going to attend a College/University in the Fall after graduation. Please visit the website for their extensive instructions.
Information on the ELKS scholarship can be found at: http://www.elks.org/enf/scholars/mvs.cfm
Deadline: November 15, 2018