The St. John’s County School District has compiled some excellent resources for students and their families. You can visit the Mental Health and Wellness Portal at the link below.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (also Deaf & Hard of Hearing and En Espanol) https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/
- The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386 (Call, text or chat) https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453 https://www.childhelp.org/
- Florida Department of Children & Families 1-800-962-2873 (Call or online) http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/abuse-hotline
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 (Call or chat, Deaf & Hard of Hearing, also En Espanol) http://www.thehotline.org/
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-8453 (Call, text or chat, also En Espanol) http://www.loveisrespect.org/
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-4673 (Call or Chat, also En Espanol) https://www.rainn.org/
- National Eating Disorder Helpline: 1-800-931-2237 (Call, text or chat, many languages available) https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/help-support/contact-helpline
- Crisis Text Line- Free 24/7 online support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to connect with a trained Crisis Counselor.
Death and Grief Resources:
Weather Related Trauma Resources:
Online Counseling- Children’s Home Society telehealth:
Healthy Coping Skills:
Great article detailing anxiety problems in children and adolescents:
Mental Health Awareness Resources:
PowerPoint from HOPE classes detailing mental health signs, symptoms, and healthy strategies.
- For parents and caregivers
- Teens & Young Adults
- Diverse Communities