Creekside High School Offers Dual Enrollment Courses through St. Johns River State College. Students who are eligible are allowed to take Dual Enrollment courses at Creekside as well as on St. Johns River State College campus.
What is Dual Enrollment (grades 9-12)?
Dual enrollment is a program where eligible high school students attend college classes and earn high school credit and college credit at the same time. The credits that students earn must be applicable toward high school graduation and acceptable toward an Associate or Baccalaureate degree. When a student is Dual Enrolled they can take up to 10 college credits during the fall and spring semester and up to 8 college credits during the summer semester. A dual enrolled student will still be able to take classes on Creekside’s campus.
What is Early Admissions (seniors only)?
Early Admissions is a type of dual enrollment that has the same eligibility requirements as dual enrollment. The difference between the two programs is that the student is not enrolled in any other curriculum besides the dual enrollment courses. The student attends the college full-time. As a result, students need to have identified their major or at least a general field of study because they will be earning a significant number of college credit hours towards their AA degree. When a student does Early Admissions they are required to take a minimum of 12 college credits and up to 16 college credits per semester. An early admissions student will not be allowed to take classes on Creekside’s campus.
DISCLAIMER: students can only participate in Dual Enrollment for either 60 college credit hours or 3 years – whichever comes first.
What are the benefits of dual enrollment?
1. Saves parents and students money because tuition and lab fees are waived.
2. Shortens time to earn a college degree.
3. Offers challenging courses.
4. Gives students the opportunity to earn high school credit and college credit at the same time.
5. Awards students with college credit that is transferable to any Florida public college or university.
Who is eligible for Dual Enrollment?
1. Students who have an overall unweighted 3.0 grade point average.
2. Students that have appropriate scores for the SAT, ACT, or PERT exams.
3. Permission from a parent or guardian and your high school guidance counselor.
4. Students that understand the amount of work necessary to succeed in dual enrollment will be greater than in high school courses.
Note: Student must maintain a 3.0 GPA in high school.
Qualifying Test Scores:
SAT/ACT/PERT Test Information:
To register for the SAT exam, click here
To register for the ACT exam, click here
To register for the PERT exam, please contact SJRSC at 386-312-4228.
Qualifying TEST Score Deadlines:
- For students taking Dual Enrollment classes on Creekside HS campus for the fall of 2019 must have a qualifying SAT, ACT or PERT score no later than March 28th, 2019 -deadline to register for classes is March 29th, 2019
- For students taking Dual Enrollment classes on SJRSC campus (either online or physically at the campus) for the fall 2019 term must have a qualifying SAT, ACT or PERT score no later than May 17th, 2019 – deadline to register for classes is May 24th, 2019
- For students taking Dual Enrollment classes on SJRSC campus (either online or physically at the campus) for the Spring 2020 term must have a qualifying SAT, ACT or PERT score no later than TBD
- For students taking Dual Enrollment classes on SJRSC campus (either online or physically at the campus) for the Summer 2020 term must have a qualifying SAT, ACT or PERT score no later than TBD
For more information on Dual Enrollment: http://sjrstate.edu/dual.html
2019 – 2020 Dual Enrollment Courses offered at Creekside High School:
ENC 1101 – Composition 1: 3 College Credits and 1 High School credit
ENC 2210 – Technical and Professional Report Writing: 3 College Credits and .5 High School credit
ENC 1102 – Composition 2: 3 College Credits and 1 High School credit
AML 2020 – American Literature 2: 3 College Credits and 1 High School credit
POS 1041 – United States Federal Government: 3 College Credits and .5 High School credit
POS 1112 – State and Local Government: 3 College Credits and .5 High School credit
MAC 1105 – College Algebra: 3 College Credits and 1 High School credit
STA 2023 – Elementary Statistics: 3 College Credits and 1 High School credit
BSC1005 and BSC 1005L: General Biology and Lab: 4 College Credits and 1 High School credit
BSC 1020 and BSC 1020L: Human Biology and Lab: 4 College Credits and 1 High School credit
Fall 2019 Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions at SJRSC campus-For students interested in taking DE classes at SJRSC campus during the fall of 2019 session must stop by and see Ms. Fornera in guidance (room 111) to pick up a Fall 2019 registration form. The deadline to return the registration form is Friday, May 24, 2019 at 11:00am. Registration forms, DE consent form and test scores will not be accepted after this date and time. The fall course catalog will go live on or around May 1, 2019 (this date is subject to change based on college availability). Please see the above descriptions about being either a dual enrolled or an early admissions students as well as credit requirement limits.
Fall 2019 Course Catalog for courses at St. Johns River State College – Once at the college website, please click on college credit courses
Spring 2020 Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions at SJRSC campus – Information Coming soon.
Spring 2020 Course Catalog for courses at St. Johns River State College – Once at the college website, please click on college credit courses
Summer 2020 Dual Enrollment (Students can only take a maximum of 8 credit hours over the summer) – Information Coming soon.
Summer 2020 Course Catalog for courses at St. Johns River State College – Once at the college website, please click on college credit courses
How do I get my Dual Enrollment textbooks for classes at the SJRSC campus?
Textbooks and course materials are free for dual enrollment students. However, some courses have lab fees and/or access code fees that will be paid for by the student. Books for all college campus and online courses should be picked up at the Fullerwood Center, 10 Hildreth Drive, St. Augustine, Florida 32084. (St. Johns County School District Media Room). **You must have a SJR State schedule printed out from your MySJRState account and present it at the Fullerwood Center in order to pick up books. PLEASE NOTE: Only courses being held at Creekside will have textbooks available for pickup at CHS. All textbooks for courses taken at the SJR State campus or online must be picked up at the media center (rear entrance) of the Fullerwood Center.
Fullerwood Center Hours: 8:30 – 4:00 during the regular school year and 7:00 – 3:00 during the summer.
Fullerwood Center Number: 904-547-3947
Current Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions Students
For additional information, parents/students can contact the SJRSC DE office at 386-312-4136 or [email protected]