Creekside High School
- TBA: Middle School Blitz programs
- January 18, 2017: High School Showcase, 3:30-7:00 p.m. at the World Golf Village Conference Center
- January 18, 2018: Application opens at 8:00 a.m. in HAC for students new to program of choice.
- February 5, 2018: Creekside High School Academy Night, 6:00 p.m.
- February 8, 2018: Application Deadline, 5:00 p.m.
- February 22, 2018: Notification of acceptance e-mailed to each applicant
What is an Academy?
Academies are smaller learning communities within a high school. Career academies incorporate features such as integration of academic and career-related curriculum, team teaching, and business involvement.
National studies show that Academies have a positive impact on student performance, including improved attendance, higher grades, improved graduation rates and higher college-bound rates.
Academies emphasize motivational and real-world activities including hands-on projects, business mentoring, internships, and field trips.
Why join an Academy?
Career Academies are unique “school’s-within-schools” that offer structured, personalized learning through career- related classes with a focus on technical skills.The exciting opportunities for students offer them a chance to succeed academically while getting a leg up towards their career goals.
Students prepare for college and a career by enrolling in advanced academic and technical courses. Students will gain a skill they will keep for a lifetime…it’s like choosing a college major.
Plus, Career Academy students go to college more often than other kids. Solid academics and career skills…That’s what Career Academies are all about.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact Daryl Cullipher,
the Career Specialist at Creekside High School.
or call (904) 547-7309